Ghana Akan Fang Mask - Brass on Wood
This is a handmade mask from Ghana, West Africa. Made of wood and brass in unique designs with finishes of the signature mask from the Akan people; Narrow angled eyes, wide forehead, flat nose, and symmetric lips.
Akan is the largest ethnic group in Ghana. The Akan people dominated trading and gold mines from the 15th-19th century emerging as one of the most influential communities in Africa. Great addition for walls in any room and suitable as gift for your art/cultural enthusiast friends and family for any occasion.
African Masks are highly regarded and sort-after by art enthusiasts and collectors. Not only for the unique details, but also for the several purposes they serve be it political, religious, entertainment, aesthetic, & others according to cultural beliefs. A phenomenon common to the various tribes across individual countries inside Africa.
PLEASE NOTE: These masks are handmade and there are variations that might be slightly different than the stock photo.
- Size is shown as Width x Height in inches.
- LARGE - 5in x 18in. / 14 oz
- SMALL - 4in x 12in. / 9 oz
- Sese Wood
- Ready to hang
SHIPPING & PACKAGING
- Orders are shipped from Chicago, USA within 1–2 business days.
- Estimated shipping time 2-3 business days, depending on the location.
- You will receive a shipping confirmation with the tracking number once it ships.