“Black Jesus”: This is an original oil painting that depicts Jesus Christ as an black man, in a rural countryside, with his humble audience of believers.
Most people are prone to see Jesus as white, but if Christ were to appear as the answer to the questions many black people are asking today, what would he look like? The challenges of sickness, poverty, death, slavery, oppression, subjugation, exploitation, and dehumanizing circumstances under colonial power are the contexts in which Jesus reveals himself to Black people. By making this representation of Jesus as a black man, the artist creates a cultural narrative that connects with their community while validating that Christ is a universal savior who can be studied without being limited by national boundaries.
Made in Africa; Lagos, Nigeria by Nathaniel David. This is the first artwork from his “A Man named Jesus” Catalogue.
For High quality canvas prints of this artwork, please click Here
- Size is shown as Width x Height in inches.
- Available in 48 inches x 36 inches only
- Ready to hang: Stretched Canvas On Wooden Frame.
SHIPPING & PACKAGING
- Orders are shipped from Chicago, USA within 2–3 business days.
- Estimated shipping time 2-3 business days, depending on the location.
- You will receive a shipping confirmation with the tracking number once it ships.